HOME
STORIES
JOURNALS
PHOTOS
VIDEOS
GLOSSARY
SUBMIT
CONTACT
Google


Saturday, December 8, 2007

Grandma Returns

My family of five went to Missouri to spend the Christmas season with my dad's side of the family. My great grandma died 3 years ago. My uncle and his family moved into her old house and remodeled it. My uncle had always said that she would have loved to see the house finished. There was this one room, that was my great grandma's bedroom with her rocker in it and my uncle remodeled it as a wicker room. I was playing hide and go seek with my cousins in the house. All of our parents were outside in a large shed partying. I was looking for any of my cousins because I was it and I peeked into the wicker room that was off limits to whoever was playing the game. I saw a dark figure inside the room. By the way, the whole house was dark except for the living room that gave off a faint light from the Christmas tree. The figure was rocking in the rocking chair, doing something with her hands. I quickly ran away. Later on, I checked the room again and the figure stood up, I saw that she was sewing a rip in her favorite pillow. She walked over to me. There was a barricade fence blocking the room. She went through the fence and cornered me and reached her arms out as if she was trying to hug me. I fell down and stood up. I tried to run but I hit the bathroom door. I got up again and I heard my cousins laughing inside the bathroom. I described everything to my aunt. I said that she was wearing a light blue shirt with flowers on it and a light green skirt. The buttons on her shirt were big round gold buttons with a pearly trim. Her earring were big pearls. My aunt said I just saw something or it was just my imagination like all grown ups do, and as she was saying that, I looked across the kitchen into the room and saw her waving in her rocking chair. The next day, in my grandma's trailer, I found a picture of my great grandma, and she was wearing the exact same clothes as when I saw her. This really scared me. My cousin said she saw the same thing and described different shaped and colored orbs floating around the Christmas trees. I am 12 now and I still remember every detail about seeing my grandma.

Submitted from: Cole, Missouri

0 comments:

post