HOME
STORIES
JOURNALS
PHOTOS
VIDEOS
GLOSSARY
SUBMIT
CONTACT
Google


Friday, December 7, 2007

Witches?

First of all, let me tell you that what I'm about to write has been only with my family for years, we haven't told anyone. I have two stories, both happened in my late teens when I was in India.

Here’s the first one...

For a family vacation, my Dad decided to go to a remote hill resort that was not too well known so we could get some peace and quiet. Someone suggested Panhala (the name of the resort) to us and so off we went.

It was a very beautiful place, very quiet with not many tourists at all. We booked ourselves in a small comfortable family run Inn (there were no other guests there apart from us). The Inn owners were a couple with a 1 yr old. This inn was a little far away from the rest of the town and was on the shores of a big lake. On the other side of the lake was a big house which seemed empty to us. In spite of such beautiful serene surroundings (lake etc), we were surprised to find no one from the town or any tourists around there. But we were glad since we wanted peace and quiet.....

The very next day, around 2:00 pm after lunch, Dad, Mom, my younger brother and I decided to take a walk. The landlord's baby and her nanny (who was a local) also decided to come with us. We must have walked around 1 mile from the Inn along the shores of the lake, when we found a lady dressed in red standing under a tree. I found it strange that I could see the tree's shadow, but not the lady's. By now, we were very near the lady, who smiled at us and started to call out to the small baby. We waved back, but as soon as the nanny saw her, she just held the baby tightly and started to run. We were totally taken aback and very confused, but we thought that something happened to the baby so we ran to help the nanny as well. We must have run a few yards when I turned back to see the lady, and she has just disappeared!!!! We were in a completely open area, with no bushes or trees for miles around. The only tree there was where the lady was standing, she couldn't’t have gone anywhere (except climb the tree even so she would have to be very swift). My dad turned and saw no one too, so we all ran back to the Inn.

When we mentioned this incident to the owners and locals, they believed us and said that the lady in red was actually a witch and there were some mysterious happenings in the dark house across the lake where they could hear babies cry etc. Anyway, my Dad refused to stay there any longer and we packed up and went home.

Second one..

This happened when my family and a friend were driving (after visiting some places). We were all tired and it was very late (12:30 am) and we just wanted to stop somewhere for the night. We found a hotel (which had been converted into one from a house) and booked ourselves for the night. Our friend wanted to sleep in the open and camped outside in the hotel grounds. We got 2 rooms (1 for my parents and 1 from my brother and me). From the moment we entered, we all could feel some presence in both our rooms, but were too tired to ask about it. My brother and I just crashed into our beds, but both woke about an hour later (2:00am) unable to sleep. We both felt some presence in our room and felt very chilly (considering it was the peak of summer which in India means temperatures close to 90 °F). I had to take a leak and since it was a hotel converted from a house, the bathrooms were located at the end of a long corridor (rather than in the rooms itself). I went to the bathroom with a distinct feeling of being followed, and even in the bathroom I felt I was being watched. It was pretty scary!!! After I came back, my brother was in a worse state and claimed that someone was "walking around" in the room. We both decided to wake our parents and went to their room only to find that they were wide awake and were having similar experiences. All four of us sat together and started to pray, we immediately felt better and so we prayed loudly through the night.

Next morning, our friend wondered why we were moving about so much in our rooms instead of sleeping!!! Apparently, he saw 3 to 4 people moving around, opening and closing the curtains in my room. Must have been ghosts, since we were all only in 1 room all night.

P.S. : Isn't it strange that both these incidents happened on our family vacations?

Submitted from: Nebraska, USA

0 comments:

post