HOME
STORIES
JOURNALS
PHOTOS
VIDEOS
GLOSSARY
SUBMIT
CONTACT
Google


Monday, January 14, 2008

Phantom Spider

For years now I have been experiencing something which has always seemed a bit unusual. It doesn't happen everytime I wake up, but on numerous occasions I have woken up and seen a spider either on the wall next to my bed, or actually on the bed itself.

I watch the spider moving around, as I have always found them to be quite fascinating creatures.

The spider always seems to be very aware of my presence, and reacts to me if I interact with it.

After about 20-30 seconds of watching the spider, it then gradually fades away and disappears right before my eyes.

I have come to refer to this as Phantom Spider, and whenever I have mentioned my experiences to anybody, nobody seems able to give me any idea as to what it could be or why I have been experiencing it.

If anybody has any ideas, could you please let me know as I would love to find out more about it and would be interested to hear from anybody who has experienced something similar.

Submitted from: Flannerhaggen, Rainbeforethestorm@msn(dot)com, North Yorkshire

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've heard of a phantom spider.

Hmm.. we'll first deal with it on a scientific point of view. There are a dozen of things that could contribute to such experiences.

Hallucinogens
Lucid Dreaming

If you think these two aren't responsible, then go for the ghosts. Are you sure it was a spider or only that it looked like a spider?

Anonymous said...

The same goes for us. Who knows? A friend of ours saw what appears to be 'the thing' (yes, the dismembered hand) on her grandma's antique house.

We have also heard of people claiming to have seen floating coffins.

We could only guess that what you have seen may be an omen, sometimes, this is a precognition rather than a ghost. Now if only somebody could tell us what it means or what's coming.

Jen
Psionist Member

Anonymous said...

Aries: Another explaination could by Hypnogogic Hallucinations. I know my brother doesn't use Hallucinogens, which rules that out. But it's curious he fact that he's seen this spider a number of times.

Also the demon Astaroth sometimes appears as a spider like being. Who seduses by means of laziness and vanity.

I'm not suggesting that there's any demonic presence, I'm just looking at the fact it could be an omen of sorts.

Anonymous said...

Why you've guessed it right. It is an omen.

Spider means good luck according to this site. Link.

Flannerhaggen said...

Well I'm not sure about it bringing luck, there hasn't been much of that going around.
It is definately a spider, it moves like a spider, I even saw it lower itself down on some web right infront of my face, only for it to vanish.

Anonymous said...

Flannerhagan, I also had this experience just recently. Since I returned from a trip to Arizona, where we stayed at the VERY HAUNTED
Grand Hotel in Jerome. Only I did not know it was haunted when we booked it. I knew the minute we pulled up in front of it though.
It was a terrible experience. (Even though the hotel itself is very pretty w/good food.
I did not see any disappearing spiders at the Grand, but since we got back I've seen this phenomenon at least three or four times. I literally thought I was going crazy, but then my daughter came down to my room and saw it, just like I did, running only to disappear in front of her eyes.
I have to say...my luck has not been good. VERY BAD in fact. I just wish I could understand if this 'thing' followed us back from Jerome.

post