HOME
STORIES
JOURNALS
PHOTOS
VIDEOS
GLOSSARY
SUBMIT
CONTACT
Google


Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Phantom Train Whistle

On October 5th 2004 around 5:30 am I was getting ready for work when I heard a steam train whistle, echoing through the woods. My first thought was that it was kind of early for someone to be running a steam train. I went down stairs to put on my jacket and boots…when I heard it again. Each time it would last about 1 minute and I heard it 3 times. At first, I didn't think much about it. So, I got in my car and started to drive to work. It was then that I realized there are no train tracks in Blakeslee.... the closest town with train tracks is Jim Thrope or Stroudsburg. Each is about 20 miles away. I know I am not crazy but I know what I heard and it was the unmistakable sound of a train whistle traveling along its phantom path through the woods near my home.

Submitted from: Dave, Pennsylvania

0 comments:

post