HOME
STORIES
JOURNALS
PHOTOS
VIDEOS
GLOSSARY
SUBMIT
CONTACT
Google


Sunday, January 20, 2008

Suicide Bridge Project

My name is Trip. I'm a filmmaker and owner of a small independent film company in Altadena, CA. I relocated to CA. from OH. about a year and a half ago to pursue writing and film making full time.

Recently, I finished a paranormal documentary film titled "Suicide Bridge the Documentary" set to hit the festival circuit mid/late summer.

When we started this project, I'm the first to admit that I was skeptical of ghosts and what the word ghost means. Now, after a year of being envolved with Suicide Bridge I'm the first to admit that what comes after this "physical life" is a passage to innumerable dimensions, and SO MUCH hangs on our mental ego in physical form.

Last March 2003 my writing partner (Misty) and I were in pre-production on an entirely different genre and film. One night, after working until the wee hours of the morning. Misty stopped to take a break. Thinking, some fresh air and an early morning walk would do her good she put a sweater on and told me she would be back in a half hour. I wasn't really worried due to Altadena being a very safe suburb of Pasadena.

After she had left I fell asleep in the cozy quite on the living room couch, it was 2:35 AM. I awoke to the cordless phone ringing... ring...ring.. Glancing at the clock, the time was 3:45 AM. I called outloud to Misty as I reached for the phone that was laying on the living room floor. "HELLO" I said... no answer replied. The wrinkles on my forhead tightened. I said again "HELLO..." This time I heard a tiny voice on the other end it said. "Can you come and get me?". I said, "Misty?..." looking at the clock again "Its nearly 4:00 A.M. where in the hell are you!?" In a distant voice and completely out of character for her she said. " I walked across Suicide Bridge... I think its haunted... something or someone is trying to comunicate with me..." The words Suicide, Bridge, instantly hit me, I had never heard of such a bridge. I ask her where she was and she gave me directions on where to find her. When I picked her up she had lost the natural olive glow in her skin complection and she was extremely dispondent. Out of the ordinary things began happening immediately. Starting with the T.V. and other electrical appliances turning on & off by themselves.

Electrical surges that would fluctuate the lights in the house from dim to bright.

Our cat disappeared into the air conditioning unit casing outside on the balcony and it would not come out. There were three seperate occasions returning home when a dead bolt was locked that could only be locked by someone on the inside and no body was there or had been there, I had to break in through a window. A couple of nights I thought awoke to a lady observing us asleep from the hallway. But perhaps the most ironic paranormal evidence we gained by this encounter is a script we have written for a feature film. I know what you're thinking, how can a script be evidence? Let me explain... The day after Misty's paranormal encounter, I ask her to take me to this Suicide Bridge on the way there she explained that a lot of people jump from the bridge and theres a lot of suspicious death that surrounds the bridge as well. I thought WOW what a spooky place this must be... and it was. We arrived on the bridge the following night around 12:30 AM. I don't know how to explain it really but the air was heavy and it's almost like I could sense a presence but there was obviously no one else around. I walked the bridge alone that night, Misty was still shaken from the night before and declined to walk with me. When I return to the car I had a reevaluation. I said "We have to make a movie about this place." That very night we put the other project on the back burner and began writing "Suicide Bridge".

Strange occurrences continued for the next 4 weeks as we wrote. When we completed the script it came to mind that there had never been a documentary film about this bloody bridge and making a documentary would be a great way to introduce the bridge and possibly find an executive producer for the feature film. This is where the SHOCK comes in. Starting in the archives we wanted to know as much as we could about the history of the bridge. We were flumixed to find that our script had factually dated the year the bridge was built, 1913 and a man who had been buried alive in the bridge during its construction and details of the accident that we could not have known without extensive research. I could fill up another page if I explained all the coincidences in the script that took place in real life over the last century...

Things have returned to normal now, but for a while Misty and I experienced a true haunting with energy and thoughts revealed to us from some other plane of existence beyond our comprehension. The Documentary portion is complete. The incredible talents of Paranomal Psychic Peter James shines in this film as he communicates and locates many spirits on the bridge, not all of them are suicides. He confirms that Misty was haunted by a spirit named Myrtle who threw her child off the bridge and then jumped herself in 1937. Ironically the baby survived the 180 foot plunge unscathed, she is known as the "Baby the Angels Saved" as there is no explanation on how or why she survived the fall. Peter said that Myrtle somehow knew that Misty would be instumental in finding her daughter who is now 74 years old and bringing her back to the bridge. Misty was succesful in locating the woman out of state and bringing her back to the place where her mom died and attempted to kill her as well. Suicide Bridge the Documentary captures happiness and tears and traggedy of this cursed crossing and brings it to life. The film will be for sale on line mid summer also look for it on cable T.V.

Submitted from: Trip Blackstone

0 comments:

post