HOME
STORIES
JOURNALS
PHOTOS
VIDEOS
GLOSSARY
SUBMIT
CONTACT
Google


Friday, February 15, 2008

Ghost Cat

My friends cat loved me and I loved him, when he accidentally got caught in the automatic garage door I was very sad. He had been sleeping on the top of it when her family left that day. He couldn't get out quick enough. The neighbors heard him screaming a few hours later, and rushed him to the vet. His organs had been crushed pretty bad, they tried to revive him, but a week later they gave up. About a week after he died, I heard a cat meowing really loud, it sounded really close- like it was in my room or just outside my door. It went on for hours and I couldn't sleep, it took me a long time to realize that it sounded just like my friend's cat when it called for one of the other cats in the house, or wanted something. Everyone told me that there must have been a female cat on heat outside, but I'm not sure I believe it. My room is on the second story and my mom hates cats near the house cause she likes the birds, so cats never come near my house because they know my mom will come after them. I'm sure the cat was either calling to me for help, or perhaps saying good bye, at least that's what I'd like to think.

Submitted from: Pamela Gannon - Michigan, USA

0 comments:

post