HOME
STORIES
JOURNALS
PHOTOS
VIDEOS
GLOSSARY
SUBMIT
CONTACT
Google


Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Picture on the Wall

When I was about 16 years old, I would sleep over at my grandmothers for the weekend while my parents went out to dinner and a show. I would always sleep in the spare room that had an old wooden bed, an old wooden chair and a lovely picture on the wall that was right at the end of the bed, so when I was about to sleep, I could stare at the picture before nodding off.The picture was oval and very large, it had a wooden frame. Inside the frame was a picture of cute woodland creatures all standing on a raft floating down a stream. From the raft was a piece of rope and a turtle pulling the rope up stream. I would always think to myself that poor turtle pulling that raft up stream all by itself. Then fall asleep.

One particular weekend when staying over grandmas I went to bed as usual looking at the picture and to my surprise the turtle was standing on the raft, waving with a smile.. I couldn't believe it, I got everyone to look at the picture. My Nana swears black and blue, the picture has always been like that with the turtle waving, so does my mum...

But I swear the turtle used to be pulling the rope up stream.....

I think to myself was the picture masked by a ghost, showing the turtle pulling the raft up stream and to everyone else he was on the raft? Is the turtle a ghost that moves around the picture? I've had a strange experience and the worst part is my Nana and mum think I was lying and I can't prove it. The picture still hangs today on my Nana's wall with the turtle on the raft.

Submitted from: Lynne Boatswain, NSW, Australia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could explain what it means, but all I can do is leave a 'feeling' about it.
What a cute 'omen'. ~ Somewhere in this experience your empathy for the poor little turtle pulling the others upstream was 'heard'. And the turtle now gets to relax and float with the others.
Could be a sign that your mind is kinetic a catalyst for healing.
It doesn't matter that everyone else always saw the turtle on the raft all along. This entire experience was meant for YOU.
Oh: BTW:if you watch South Park,
and if you know about the war on terror in the LAND OF IMAGINATION, REMEMBER, at all cost, stay away from the tiny woodland creatures.They already got Kurt Russell.
Regards,
Roxy

Anonymous said...

Maybe that turtle thing was a dream? I had a dream similar to that one once. But it was not about the turtle.

I was studying and fell asleep. In my dream, I was still studying, but in that dream, the texts doesn't make any sense. I thought I was still awake.

post